Case Study 1
James Workman, age 14, is afflicted with a harelip and cleft palate and needs a common operation that promises to improve both his appearance and his speech significantly. The boy’s father, a believer in mental healing, refuses to permit the operation. The physician explains the operation to James’s father, who expresses a desire to “try for some time longer to close the cleft palate through natural forces.”
This story leads to the following questions:
· Is the father acting ethically on the basis of any one of the three surrogate principles? (Do not neglect the social implications of the decision.)
· Should James’s opinion carry some weight?
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
· Should the physician have sought a court order?
· Why is it important for health care professionals to achieve a balanced perception of their obligations to the principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence?
Write a 4 pages in APA format (7th edition) in response to the questions listed above. The following is a recommended outline:
- Cover page
- Body (Cite sources with in-text citations.)
- Conclusion – Summary of main points
- References – List the references you cited in the text of your paper according to APA format . REFERENCE NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD.
(Note: Do not include references that are not cited in the text of your paper)
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!