To prepare for the first part of the assessment, complete the following:
- Review the literature or use health assessments to determine health care needs of a diverse population in your community.
- Explore things that could influence success, such as cultural attitudes toward alternative forms of healing, religious beliefs, or other individuals.
- Examine the impact of current health promotion and wellness initiatives on health outcomes and health disparities.
- Review the literature to identify best practices.
Once you have identified a diverse population, develop an educational program, event, or piece of literature that promotes wellness and disease prevention. If you choose an educational program or event, be sure you outline the basic content of the program or event, as well as how you would structure it. If you choose a piece of literature, be deliberate in the points you highlight. Be sure that your choice is appropriate for the population.
- For an educational program or event, prepare and submit an outline of the content and structure.
- For a brochure or pamphlet, prepare and submit the brochure or pamphlet using a simple Word document or a Microsoft Publisher document, if you have that software available.
Explain how you developed your educational program, event, or piece of literature and address any barriers to disease prevention and health promotion for the population.
Complete the following:
- Explain why you chose the particular educational strategy. Why is it an effective strategy for the population?
- Describe cultural barriers to disease prevention and health promotion in the population. This might include things such as CAM, language, religious beliefs, and so on.
- Explain how your educational strategy can help overcome some of the barriers you described.
- Support your work with valid scholarly resources.
Additional Requirements (Part II only)
- Format: Include a title page and reference page. Use APA format.
- References: Cite at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Font: Use double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
THIS IS HOS FEEDBACK FOR PREVIOUS WORK SUBMITTED ADDRESSING THE TOPICS THAT I MISSED AND NEED TO BE COVERED: