- In your own words, describe what an online database is.
- How many databases does the Gale Group offer?
- Generally, which Gale Group database(s) would be better for you to do general research?
- Which Gale Group database would be the best to use if you were doing a research project on diabetes?
- Which Gale Group database would be the best to use if you were doing research on Amy Tan, who is a contemporary author?
- Go into Lexis Nexis and click on “President Barack Obama” in Hot Topics Links. How many articles are there?
- If you limit these results by searching the word “Hawaii” within the results, how many articles result?
- Click into the USA Today article. Is there a byline? Yes / No Who?____________________
- List the 6 ways you can send yourself the article (see the symbols in upper-right hand corner.)
- Click back to the main LexisNexis page. How can one search articles topically? (by topic or subject matter)
- Click all the way back to the WLAC Research Databases index. How does the CQ Researcher index (list, display) its information? Circle one: By Year / By Topic
- If you wanted to research information on a scientific topic, what seems the best database in which to look?
- Scroll down to the bottom of the WLAC research database Index and enter the LAPL page. Click on “Research and Homework” and scroll down to the WorldCat database, a fantastic source for research. According to the description, WorldCat contains a “catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide back to” what year? ____________
- Click back to the WLAC research database Index and enter Google Scholar. Type in “David Bailey Airship” into the search bar. Click on the first article. What does the abstract say the article is about? (one or two words okay).
- Click back to the results of that search. How many times has that article been cited in other articles? (Citations are listed below the article.)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. What does the “Create an Alert” tool do?
- Why is it better to look at databases or Google Scholar BEFORE a general internet search?
Dissertationflow.com is solely provide assistance and guidance to the students and never offer finished and furnished papers for submission. Dissertation Flow only provide pure custom written papers for your support, it is recommended you to make your own paper with the help of provided ones.
1818 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA, United States
+1 (289) 803-6873