Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15, 16
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions For the initial post, craft a response comparing the three (3) Reconstruction plans:
- Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction (10% Plan) – Lincoln
- Andrew Johnson’s Reconstruction Plan
- Congressional Reconstruction Plan (Congress)
Then, address the following for your selections:
- Analyze if the South should have been treated as a defeated nation or as rebellious states.
- Explain how the American culture and society changed in the North versus the South during Reconstruction.
- Analyze the impact of the Compromise of 1877 that ended Reconstruction on African-Americans.
Follow-Up Posts Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.Writing Requirements
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Professor’s post: If only President Lincoln had lived so he could implement Reconstruction. If John Wilkes Booth thought he did a favor for the South in assassinating Lincoln, he was mistaken. Lincoln, as you’ve seen, was more lenient on the South than others in Congress. And the two remaining viewpoints were held by the new President, Andrew Johnson, and the Radical Republicans, who were virtually at war with each other over these reconstruction ideas (McPherson, 1982, ch. 27).
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
So let’s talk about how Reconstruction was implemented, and these three different plans that were offered.
McPherson, J. M. (1982). Ordeal by fire: The Civil War and Reconstruction. New York, NY: Alfred A. Knopf.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!