65. Havighurst’s (1972) model of developmental tasks during middle adulthood:
a. is based in the television series “Father knows Best” b. encompasses the lives of diverse individuals c. has no relevance to modern life d. describes tasks that are relevant to some, but not all adults
66. Losing one’s spouse:
a. is associated with decreased physical and mental health.
b. has little effect on older adults since they expected their partners to die.
c. typically increases the social interaction of the surviving spouse.
d. usually leads to an increase in social activities.
67. According to Levinson’s “seasons of life” theory, during middle adulthood:
a. people are likely to experience a midlife crisis b. people look back at their youth more often than looking ahead to their death c. people will experience great happiness when they realize that they are approaching the end of their work years. d. menopause is seen as a positive event
68. Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development states that the conflict during late adulthood is:
a. intimacy vs. isolation
b. identity vs. identity confusion
c. c. ego integrity vs. despair
d. generativity vs. stagnation
69. Of those who receive hospice care, the most common location for their death is:
a. in a private residence
b. in a hospital
c. in a nursing home
d. in a hospice inpatient facility
70. Which of the following is NOT one of the four areas of psychological problems that suicidal adolescents experience?
a. confusion about the self
c. interpersonal problems
d. financial difficulties