Revising a Letter to Improve Positive Emphasis
· Exercise 7.13 (pg. 110) requires you to write a full block format letter, just as you did in the “You Attitude” unit.
· Your assignment is to create an original header and address, but use—and revise—the body text found in the book.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
· Attach your finished letter to the Correct Drop Box.
· Use .rtf, .doc, or .docx format ONLY. No credit will be given for assignments in the wrong format.
Note: the Text asks you to revise the MEMO. You will be doing this as a LETTER instead. As you did for Exercise 6.11, follow the Block Format Letter Template.
Below are some tips for each paragraph of the Exercise 7.13 assignment:
- I’ve made great progress on the college internship program for our company. Though the program isn’t yet ready for implementation, I can’t believe I’m far from making it so. First, eliminate as many of the “I’s” as you can. Focus on the reader; remember all documents benefit from using “you-attitude.” Next, eliminate the vague word “great.” Even summary statements can provide concrete detail. Instead of “great progress,” offer specifics by answering the “five W” questions of WHAT, WHY, WHEN, WHO, and WHERE. Not all the “five W’s” will apply, but think of them to give you ideas for detail.
- To date, I’ve drafted a plan for the program, contacted several HR managers at comparable companies about their programs, and established a proposed budget for the program. Here’s your opportunity to elaborate. Again, use the”five W’s.” Consider: WHAT the plan entails. WHO was contacted (give names) and WHERE are they located? WHEN was all this done? Don’t limit yourself to these questions. Ask answer more to get more detail.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!