Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 1 through 3 of Journey Into Literature.
In Week 5 of this course, you will submit a four- to five-page Literary Analysis in response to one of the topics from the approved List of Writing Prompts. This week, you will choose the topic you would like to explore, offer some information on what interests you about this topic, and supply a working thesis and key ideas you would like to develop. Though it might seem early to choose your topic, with only five weeks in the course, it is important to start early to best set yourself up for success. You are encouraged to utilize the RUN-QC method explained in Chapter 2 of the course textbook as you read your chosen story and formulate ideas for a literary analysis essay
Hi there, would you like us to help you do this question?
We are professional assignment help service for students. Get your papers written starting at just $11.99 a page.Do my question
After reviewing the List of Writing Prompts, choose one that you would like to explore. In addition, you should choose a literary work to discuss that relates to your topic of choice. The suggested literary works for each topic are listed beneath each prompt. Please review the Sample Literary Analysis Essay in the textbook to understand what you are working toward on this assignment and future assignments.
Once you have decided on a prompt and text, respond to the directives below using the Proposal for Final Paper Worksheet. Please make sure your document is double spaced. See the Sample Proposal for guidance.
In your worksheet,
- Identify the specific prompt and literary work you will write about.
- Explain the connection between the literary work and the prompt you chose.
- Explain the key components of the literary work (e.g. character and setting) using literary terms.
- Discuss a central conflict in the literary work and how it connects to your chosen prompt.
- Develop a working thesis that articulates an analytical claim about the literary work. (Keep in mind that “working thesis” means you can slightly modify your thesis for the draft and/or final essay.)
- For more help on how to write a thesis, please see the Ashford Writing Center’s Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..)
In this class, you have two tutoring services available: Paper Review (available in the online classroom) and Live Chat (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the Writing Center tab in the left-navigation menu, in your online course, to learn more about these tutoring options and how to get help with your writing. Please see attachment I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THE PROMPT AND THE LITERACY WORK.
How it works
Why our online essay writing service?
Let us cover any of your writing needs!
Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with: